Visitor Demographics and Statistics
What sort of visitors come to the expo?
We get all sorts of visitors at the expos - it's a broad cross section of young Aussies heading overseas for work and play, to overseas backpackers just arrived in Australia and wondering where to go (in Australia and overseas). There are also more mature travellers looking at that next exotic adventure.
If you are in the travel/adventure/work markets, you are sure to find your market at our expo!
At our most recent expo, over 9,500 people came through the door.
Find below current statistics taken from a sample of our visitor registration form from a recent expo (Melbourne in February 2012):
- 72% were aged under 35 (although we get all ages at the expo)
- Female Skew of 65%
- 86% are planning to travel within the next 12 months
- 41% plan to spend $5000.00 or more
- 30% are looking for some sort of work (paid or volunteer) while travelling
- The top planned travel destinations are (in order of preference):
- North America
- Central America
Melbourne Adventure Travel Expo
Sydney Adventure Travel Expo
Brisbane Adventure Travel Expo
22-23 March 2014. Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre. <Read More> ...
Sydney Backpackers Expo (for overseas travellers)